GP Care is a clinician owned and led organisation with a very clear patient focus.
The key to our success will be the design and delivery of high quality clinical services in a manner that significantly improves the patient experience. Key contriutors to this success will be speed of access and convenience as well as efficient service delivery that creates cost savings for the NHS and services that are affordable for private patients.
GP Care is an entrepreneurial and innovative organisation which will compete effectively in the UK health market. However we do not see profitability as the only marker of success, but also our contribution to the common good by improving the health care of the people we serve, and the working lives of those we employ. Properly regulated market forces can be an efficient mechanism for matching resources to needs in a developed society. As economic activities do not simply transfer resources but create wealth it is possible to use the market to pursue profit and address inequalities simultaneously.
Our core ethical principles as a business are as follows:
- We will incorporate a strong and explicit ethical stance into our business strategy and decision making;
- We will work in an open and accountable way, and remember our accountability to the local population;
- We will promote holistic personal care in our partners and in the services we offer;
- We will reduce health inequalities by providing high quality services to those most at need through being an efficient and effective health provider and by tendering to provide services for those most vulnerable and with the highest health needs;
- We will involve and listen to patients and develop processes which will make sure that the voice of the patients we serve is heard;
- GP Care will be an excellent employer and support the sense of vocation in its members and employees;
- GP Care will harness the entrepreneurial skills of our partners to deliver innovative service models and care pathways, whilst ensuring adherence to high ethical and clinical standards;
The ethos of public service and the recognition of the individual patient as a uniquely valuable human being at the centre of the healthcare process are values that GP Care will safeguard and promote.