Name: Dr Phil Yates
Position: Non-Excutive Director
Appointment: January 2006
- I was a GP at the Orchard Medical Centre Kingswood Bristol from 1985-2014. School Governor The Ridings High School, Winterbourne and Chairman of the Curriculum Committee 1992 – 2000. Member Avon Local Medical Committee 1987 -1991. Lead GP Practice Fundholder 1994 -1999.
- Chairman on SE Gloucestershire and Severnvale Primary Care Groups 1999 – 2001. Professional Executive Committee Chairman South Gloucestershire Primary Care Trust 2001 – 2005.
- External Advisor to Warwick University on establishment of a Chronic Kidney Disease Diploma course 2005 – 2007. National Clinical Advisor to the Modernisation Agency 2003 -2005.
Other current responsibilities:
- Chairman of the National Association of Provider Organisations
- ‘Collaborate’ founder member, an initiative for the development of support for primary care leaders of federations, and MCPs supported by the NAPC, NHS Alliance with involvement of the RCGP, Nuffield Trust and the Faculty of Medical Leadership & Management
- Chairman of the South West Clinical Senate
- On the Governing Board of Primary Care Commissioning
Interests outside work:
- I regularly teach doctors and nurses about kidney disease prompted by my older daughter developing renal failure (and a donor transplant from my wife in 2003).
- I trek all over the world voluntarily during my annual holiday providing medical support for people raising money for various charities.