GP Care has been awarded an NHS Adult Hearing contract to provide hearing aid assessment and fitting for patients in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. The service launches on 1st February 2013 and will cater for patients aged 60 and over. The patient has the option of a one-stop assessment and fitting appointment, or two separate appointments if required. All pathways include follow up, continuing aftercare and battery replacement free of charge to the patient.
An experienced senior audiologist will spend time interviewing the patient about their hearing needs and difficulties and provide education about how to manage a hearing aid once it is fitted.
Clinic locations are across the region in the following health centres:
- Armada Practice, Whitchurch
- Christchurch Medical Centre, Downend
- Concord Medical Centre, Little Stoke
- Greenway Community Practice, Southmead
- Litfield House, Clifton
- Old School Surgery, Fishponds
- Westwalk Surgery, Yate
The aim of the service is to provide convenient community locations and to reduce waiting times for patients.
As per the NHS specification:
- Patients will not be up sold private hearing aids;
- Patients will receive the same access to further care: all providers will inform GPs if a separate referral to ENT is required.
For further information please call GP Care’s Audiology Team on 0333 332 2104 or email us at email@example.com.