The Harmony™ Prenatal Test is available to prospective mothers to test for chromosomal abnormalities in their baby.
The service is available for women who are 10 weeks pregnant or more and offers an accurate assessment of the likelihood of your baby having:
You might consider this test if:
- You are at least 10 weeks pregnant and feeling anxious about the risks of your baby having a chromosome anomaly
- Your ultrasound shows concerns or anomalies with the baby's growth and/or development
- Your combined test (nuchal scan and blood test) result was high/medium risk and you would like another blood test before committing to an invasive diagnostic procedure
- You have personal or family history of chromosomal anomalies
What are the advantages of the Harmony™ Prenatal Test?
- Can be performed as early as 10 weeks
- Can test for several conditions
- Overall accuracy of >99%
- Lower risk of complications than more invasive procedures
- Testing laboratories are based in London so results are returned faster than many competitors who have to send samples abroad;
Non-invasive prenatal testing is not considered diagnostic but the results will give you a clear answer about the likelihood of your baby having any of the genetic conditions included in the test.
There are two pricing options:
- £410 for a Harmony™ test and an ultrasound scan (to include a 2D scan photo)
- £350 for the Harmony™ test only*
*a viability scan will be performed before the blood test is taken.
Cancellations made with more than 24 hours’ notice will be refunded. Refund for cancellation within 24 hours, will be at GP Care’s discretion. Failure to attend will result in a £50 charge.
Booking an appointment
To book an appointment, or for further information, please call us on 0333 332 2101. A member of our team will book you into one of our Bristol based clinics, take payment and a confirmation email will be sent to you. Alternatively, please fill in the enquiry form at the top of this page and a member of the team will contact you.
Download our patient information leaflet here.
Parents can access support before, during and after antenatal screening through ARC (Antenatal Results and Choices). ARC can be contacted on 0845 077 2290 (or 0207 713 7486 via mobile).
For more information about the conditions the NIPT tests
- Down Syndrome www.downs-syndrome.org.uk
- Edward and Patau Syndrome www.soft.org.uk
- Turner Syndrome www.tss.org.uk
- Klinefelter Syndrome www.ksa-uk.net