GP Care is offering a Private Pelvic Ultrasound Service to GP Practices and their patients in the wider Bristol area at a cost of only £75.
This assessment of the pelvic organs may be appropriate for patients in the following circumstances:
- Heavy bleeding and/or pain;
- Endometrial screening - The thickness of the lining of the uterus is measured and assessed to check that it corresponds to the stage of the menstrual cycle that the patient is at. The endometrium may appear thick and irregular when the patient is experiencing abnormal bleeding which could indicate a problem. The endometrium is commonly assessed prior to and during IVF treatment and egg donation.
- Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device (IUCD) assessment - If the strings of an IUCD are not visible or missing, an ultrasound scan of the uterus will determine its location.
What is an ultrasound scan?
An ultrasound scan is a painless and non-invasive examination. Our experienced team of ultrasonographers use the latest technology to provide images of organs and blood vessels within the body.
The cost of the Service is £75, this includes:-
- a twenty minute appointment with one of our experienced Sonographers;
- a report for the patient to take away;
- a copy of the report being sent to the patient's registered GP Practice to ensure completeness of the patient's medical record.
The Service is available from three locations within South Gloucestershire and North Bristol – Christchurch Medical Centre (Downend, BS16 5SG), West Walk Surgery (Yate, BS37 4AX) and Whiteladies Medical Centre (Clifton, BS8 2PU).
Booking a scan
Patients can book a scan by arranging a referral with their doctor.
Our dedicated service team is available Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm and Saturday 8:30am - 12:00pm.
GP Care contact details: - Tel: 0333 332 2106.
Download our Pelvic Ultrasound Patient Leaflet.
Please note that we are not able to provide child minding services for children accompanying patients.
Please note that prices are inclusive of any VAT.
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our ultrasound scan service, please discuss this directly with the clinician or contact the Ultrasound Service Manager by post at GP Care UK Limited, Christchurch Medical Centre, North Street, Downend, Bristol, BS16 5SG. Alternatively call us on 0333 332 2100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.