GP Care is offering a Private Pelvic Ultrasound Service to GP Practices and their patients in the wider Bristol.
This assessment of the pelvic organs may be appropriate for patients in the following circumstances:
- Heavy bleeding and/or pain;
- Endometrial screening - The thickness of the lining of the uterus is measured and assessed to check that it corresponds to the stage of the menstrual cycle that the patient is at. The endometrium may appear thick and irregular when the patient is experiencing abnormal bleeding which could indicate a problem. The endometrium is commonly assessed prior to and during IVF treatment and egg donation.
- Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device (IUCD) assessment - If the strings of an IUCD are not visible or missing, an ultrasound scan of the uterus will determine its location.
The ultrasound scan is a painless and non-invasive examination. Our experienced team of Ultrasonographers use the latest technology to provide images of organs and blood vessels within the body.
The cost of the service is £75, which includes a:-
- twenty minute appointment with one of our experienced Sonographers;
- report for the patient to take away;
- copy of the report being sent to the patient's registered GP Practice to ensure completeness of the patient's medical record.
Booking an appointment
Patients can book a scan by arranging a referral with their doctor.
Our dedicated service team is available Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm.