WHAT IS INFLUENZA (FLU) ?
Influenza, also known as flu, is a contagious disease caused by influenza viruses. These cause a generalised infection and particularly affect the respiratory tract. Flu is different from a cold, mainly because the symptoms and complications are more severe and usually come on suddenly. The best way to prevent this illness is by getting a flu vaccination.
WHY SHOULD I HAVE A FLU VACCINATION?
GP Care offers private flu vaccinations to patients who are not entitled to a free NHS vaccination. For just £20, you can be vaccinated against this unpleasant illness and its potential complications. Whether you are interested in keeping yourself and your family healthy or whether you are concerned about your business and the welfare of your employees, we can help!
WHY CHOOSE GP CARE’S FLU VACCINATION SERVICE?
• Protect yourself and your family against seasonal flu and swine flu (H1N1);
• Our vaccines are suitable for all aged from 6 months to 64 years*;
• We offer evening and weekend appointments;
• Vaccinations given by qualified NHS nurses at GP surgeries;
• Doctor present on premises;
• Your medical records will be updated;
• Only £20.
* Note that patients aged 65 and over are eligible for flu vaccinations on the NHS.
WHERE CAN I GET A GP CARE FLU VACCINATION?
GP Care is holding clinics at the following locations between October and December. Please call us for dates and to book an appointment.
• BS3 – Southville Surgery
• BS5 – St George Health Centre
• BS5 – Eastville Medical Practice
• BS6 – Gloucester Road Medical Centre
• BS6 – Hampton House Health Centre
• BS8 – Pembroke Road Surgery
• BS9 – Westbury on Trym Primary Care Centre
• BS15 – Kingswood Health Centre
• BS16 – Christchurch Medical Centre
• BS16 – Emerson’s Green Medical Centre
• BS30 – Close Farm Surgery
• BS30 – The Park Medical Practice
• BS32 – Almondsbury Surgery
• BS34 – Concord Medical Centre
• BS37 – Courtside Surgery
HOW DO I PAY FOR THE VACCINATION?
A £20 payment will be required either in cash or by cheque (payable to GP Care UK Limited) at your appointment before your vaccination takes place.
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
Contact us on 0845 468 2104 and we will be happy to arrange a convenient appointment for you.
For more information, please read our patient leaflet or call us on 0845 468 2104 to speak to a member of the team.