GP Care is an established provider of private minor skin surgery for the removal of various inconvenient or unsightly skin lesions, having first commenced service delivery in 2006.
The lesions that can be removed as part of this service include:
- Mole removal;
- Cyst removal;
- Lipoma removal;
- Keratosis removal;
- Skin tag removal;
- Wart removal (certain types only).
GP Care offers this service from 8 clinic locations across the Bristol area, all of which are at established GP surgeries with good access and free parking, including:
- Bedminster - Bedminster Family Practice, Regent Road, Bedminster, BS3 4AT
- Henleaze - Fallodon Way Medical Centre, 13 Fallodon Way, Henleaze, BS9 4HT
- Westbury-On-Trym Primary Care Centre, Westbury Hill, BS9 3AA
- Almondsbury - Almondsbury Surgery,Sundays Hill, Almondsbury, BS32 4DS
- Yate - West Walk Surgery, 21 West Walk, Yate, BS37 4AX
- Downend - Leap Valley Surgery, Beaufort Road Downend Bristol BS16 6UG
- Little Stoke - Concorde Medical Centre, Braydon Avenue, Little Stoke, Bristol, BS34 6BQ
The service is delivered at an all-inclusive price of £350, comprising both consultation (£75) and procedure (£275).
Please note that our clinicians who perform minor surgery are not consultants or plastic surgeons, so please check with your insurance before proceeding if you are hoping to claim the cost of your procedure.
Booking and appointment
If you would like more information or wish to make a booking please call GP Care on 0333 332 2107 or alternatively email us at GPCare.Minor-Surgery@nhs.net, providing a telephone contact number.
Our dedicated service team is available Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm.
The majority of lesions we remove are harmless and are being treated for minor reasons. Generally the removal of such lesions is no longer available on the NHS, however we would encourage all patients to check with their GPs prior to paying for a private service as certain lesions, including those that may be cancerous, are still covered by the NHS.
Patients accessing GP Care's minor skin surgery service will attend one appointment that will include a consultation and, if both patient and GP agree, will also include the removal of one or more lesions within the allotted appointment time. If the surgery does not proceed then the £275 procedure fee will be refunded.
The surgery is performed by a team of highly experienced General Practitioners who have additional specialist training and experience in dermatology/surgery.
The doctor will ask patients questions about the lesion. These may include how long it has been there, whether it has increased in size and details about how it affects daily life. The doctor will also ask about the patient’s general health, past medical history and any medication that the patient is taking. It is important at this stage that the patient asks any questions so that they understand the nature and purpose of the operation.
The surgery will involve only a local anaesthetic, so patients will be awake throughout and usually can ask questions while it is taking place. In accordance with nationally recognised guidelines some skin lesions will be sent to a histopathology laboratory to be checked and patients will be informed of the results.
Please note that:
- This is a surgical service and does not include the use of cryotherapy (freezing by liquid nitrogen), or topical medications (creams or lotions);
- We are not able to provide child minding services for children accompanying patients;
- Prices are inclusive of any VAT.
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service, please discuss this directly with the clinician or contact the relevant Service Lead by post at GP Care UK Limited, Christchurch Medical Centre, North Street, Downend, Bristol, BS16 5SG. Alternatively call us on 0333 332 2100 or email us at GPCare.Minor-Surgery@nhs.net