Please click here for our COVID-19 update
GP Care is an award winning social enterprise providing specialist medical services in the South-West of England. We have existed for over 10 years, and were originally founded by, and are still owned by, over 100 local GPs. We treat over 20,000 patients a year, and receive world class patient feedback.
We exist to reduce hospital waiting lists and patient waiting times by increasing the availability of rapid access specialist diagnostic, assessment and treatment services in local health care communities. To achieve this, we work in partnership with NHS Hospitals, GPs, and Clinical Commissioning Groups.
We aspire to be recognised as the NHS partner of choice in the South West for such services.
The benefits we deliver to patients:
- Our services mean that patients are seen more quickly than would otherwise be the case, typically closer to home, and usually outside of a hospital environment.
- We provide a friendly, interactive, and responsive, patient experience, through both our telephone based Patient Support Team, and our clinical teams who work from well-established, well-appointed clinical facilities, which have free car parking and are also close to public transport networks.
- Patients can also rest assured that we operate with high levels of clinical governance and are regulated by the Care Quality Commission.
- We treat over 20,000 patients each year, and our patient feedback is outstanding.
The benefits we deliver to GPs
- The extra capacity we provide to the NHS system means that GPs are better able to ensure that their patients are seen within targeted waiting times.
- Our clinical governance systems, our standard operating processes, our investment in ICT systems compatible with those used by the NHS and GP practices, and our clinical registration with the CQC, coupled with the satisfaction of our many patients over a long period of time, means that GPs can be assured that they are referring their patients to a well- established, clinically robust, patient focused organisation working in partnership with the NHS.
- We typically deliver our services from GP practices, and many of our clinicians are GPs with specialist expertise and skills.
The benefits we deliver to the wider NHS
Our support reduces pressure on the local NHS system through:
- Increased clinical capacity at recognised tariffs;
- Better achievement of waiting time targets;
- Straight forward, rapid, procurement, and, of course;
- The right care for patients at the right time with the right clinician.
What services do we provide?
The clinical services we have provided since our formation in 2006 have included urology, DVT, cardiology, ultrasound, audiology, hand surgery, minor surgery, physiotherapy, arrhythmia monitoring, and diabetes advice.
Our focus is to provide those services where waiting times for diagnosis and treatment are time critical for patient’s health, and thus tend to be related to cancer, cardio-vascular conditions and diabetes, or where the patient may be suffering acute discomfort.
Our services are provided by multi-disciplinary teams, led by consultants or GPs with specialist skills and are designed to provide fast and efficient patient flow. The use of integrated technology and conveniently located clinical hubs facilitate a ‘one stop shop’ model.
We have a dedicated Patient Support team who have a thorough understanding of the service requirements and the referral pathway complexities to ensure patient access targets.
Who are our customers?
We work, or have worked, with:
- South Gloucestershire CCG, Bristol CCG, North Somerset CCG, Gloucestershire CCG, Devon CCG, Kernow CCG NE Essex CCG, Walsall CCG, Swindon CCG, Hereford CCG;
- MOD Hereford;
- North Bristol Hospital Trust, University Hospital Bristol Trust, Gloucestershire Hospital NHS Trust, Gloucestershire Care Services;
- Bristol Community Health, Sirona, Care UK, Brisdoc, GDoc, One Care;
- Service provision with GP practices across BNSSG & Gloucestershire.
Our current focus is the South-West of England.