Modern Slavery Compliance Statement
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, human trafficking, forced labour and domestic servitude all of which have in common the deprivation of a person's liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain. Traffickers and slave masters use whatever means they have at their disposal to coerce, deceive and force individuals into a life of abuse, servitude and inhumane treatment. Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights.
We are a company that expects everyone working with us or on our behalf to support and uphold the following measures to safeguard against modern slavery:
- A zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and human trafficking
- The prevention, detection and reporting of modern slavery in any part of our organisation or supply chain is the responsibility of all those working for us or on our behalf. Workers must not engage in, facilitate or fail to report any modern slavery activity.
- Engaging with our stakeholders and suppliers to address the risk of modern slavery and human trafficking in our operations and supply chain.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all directly employed staff, and agencies on approved frameworks are audited to provide assurance that pre-employment clearance has been obtained for agency staff, to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Equal Opportunities. We have a range of controls to protect staff from poor treatment and/or exploitation, which comply with all respective laws and regulations. These include provision of fair pay rates, fair terms and conditions of employment, and access to training and development opportunities.
- Safeguarding policies. We adhere to the principles inherent within both our safeguarding children and adults policies. These are compliant with our local multiagency agreements and provide clear guidance so that our employees are clear on how to raise safeguarding concerns about how colleagues or people receiving our services are being treated, or about practices within our business or supply chain.
- Whistleblowing policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues or people receiving our services are being treated, or about practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
- Standards of business conduct. This code explains the manner in which we behave as an organisation and how we expect our employees and suppliers to act.