Following our announcement that GP Care was awarded the new Community DVT Service contract from the Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) CCG in January, we are delighted to be launching the service today, Wednesday 1st May.
Patients can be referred to the service by their GP for an ultrasound to confirm or rule out a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) in the leg. Should a DVT - or clot - be confirmed, the patient will receive treatment at one of our DVT Treatment Centres which are located across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire making it as easy as possible for patients to receive care closer to home.
We will be delivering the service from the following DVT Treatment Centre locations:
- Concord Medical Centre, Braydon Ave, Little Stoke, Bristol BS34 6B
- Clevedon Medical Centre, Old St, Clevedon BS21 6DG
- Crest Family Practice, The Crest Family Practice, William Budd Health Centre, Knowle West Health, Park, Downton Road, Bristol, BS4 1WH
- Downend Health Group, Christchurch Surgery, North Street, Downend, Bristol, BS16 5SG
- Eastville Medical Centre, East Trees Health Centre, 100a Fishponds Road, Bristol BS5 6SA
- Horfield Health Centre, Lockleaze Road, Bristol, BS7 9RR
- Montpelier Health Centre, Bath Buildings, Montpelier, Bristol, BS6 5PT
- St Georges Surgery, 135 Pastures Avenue, St Georges, Weston-Super-Mare, BS22 7SB (please note clinics will temporarily be held at the Riverbank Medical Centre, Walford Avenue, Worle, Weston-super-Mare, BS22 7YZ whilst works are being carried out at St Georges)